When I Have Fears

By Mihran Kalaydjian, CHA

Consultant, Strategist, and Writer

When I have fears that I may cease to be

Before my pen has glean’d my teeming brain,

Before high-piled books, in charactery,

Hold like rich garners the full ripen’d grain;

When I behold, upon the night’s starr’d face,

Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,

And think that I may never live to trace

Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;

And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,

That I shall never look upon thee more,

Never have relish in the faery power

Of unreflecting love;–then on the shore

Of the wide world I stand alone, and think

Till love and fame to nothingness do sink.

6 thoughts on “When I Have Fears

1. Rachel Svendsen – Rachel is a poet and writer from Pennsylvania, where she lives with her husband and children. Her short story "Filling the Silence" received an honorable mention in the 2019 Story Embers short story competition.
    rsvendsen07 says:

I love the feel of this, almost as if it were written quite long ago. It’s quite lovely.

wow – Thank you – my made my day and with smile and let my melody shine for me:) THANK YOU AGAIN! This means a lot to me, I am in good hopes to exchange like each other blogs / post. May your day shine:)

rsvendsen07 says:

I have reblogged this on my site http://rachelsvendsen.com I hope you don’t mind. 🙂

2. mihrankalaydjianblog – San Diego, CA – Mihran Kalaydjian On a personal note, I love the outdoors, comedy, bbq, reading and traveling. I worked in the beer industry in college so I love talking about good beer. I used to be a competitive runner so (like all runners) if you make the mistake of asking me, I'll tell you about my entire career and PRs. I also spent my youth working in restaurants, so if you've done the same, we can swap stories. The five items I can't live without: Everything, infinity, wanton boredom, limitless limits, change. Mihran Kalaydjian, A proven ability to articulate a company's brand culture as well as key strategic initiatives and delivery of desired results. Outstanding leadership, communications and project management skills. A committed individual with strong organizational skills that believes leading by example is key to building a strong team to achieve high guest satisfaction results and cost control measures. Mihran Kalaydjian provides visionary leadership and management oversight of the sales, marketing and revenue strategies for Classic Hotels and Resorts. Mihran Kalaydjian suggest: Your energy should be focused on finding a solution, quickly and effectively. I am at my best when I have a tight deadline, but every aspect of the project is planned, organized and working in excellence.

Good Afternoon Rachel – I am honored and privileged of you re-blog my post, Thank you, it means a lot to me. I wish you good health, happiness and success. May God lighten every step.

Respectfully;

Miran

2. Frances Macaulay Forde – Sunset Coast, Western Australia – Frances writes for page, stage and screen and is very proud to be a member of the WA writing community. Her writing for children, film and poetry have been awarded and published in newspapers, magazines, books and on the net. A passionate supporter of those who write, she was the usual host and facilitator of Poets Corner between 2005 & 2008. Frances spent 14 glorious months dining on poetry and storytelling in Ireland before publishing her first book of poetry in Cork, in 2003. The film of her script ‘Love You Mum’ was produced in South Australia in 2006 and won awards both in Australia, Canada and America. Although always writing poetry and stories for adults and children, Frances is currently focused on screenwriting features and TV Series.
    Frances Macaulay Forde says:

Yes, I read this poem on @Rsvendsen07 site and loved the ‘old world’ feel about it. The poem has so many layers – congratulations. Now, I shall seek and enjoy more of your words.

Good Afternoon Frances – Hope this message finds you well and in good health – I thank you from my bottom of my heart, your words filled my eyes with tears. May God Bless you and I look forward to hearing from you and enjoy reading both our blogs and post. Wishing you a wonderful week.

Miran