Mihran Kalaydjian Playing Melody of Tango in Ebony

YouTube Poster

Melody: Tango in Ebony Classic
Music Arrangements: Allen San & Edward Khoury
Pianist: Mihran Kalaydjian ” Mino”
Record Labels: Paramount Studios
In white Spanish lace,
ebony black hair tumbling
down her back to her tiny waist.

Across the hardwoods,
we danced the Spanish
tango.

Into the night,
we danced check to
check and toe to toe.

The moment was ours,
on that warm summer night.
Toasts of red Spanish wine
to a night so divine.

But it was a love,
we both knew could never be.
Then time took me back across the sea.

The years have quickly passed
and our lives sailed by so fast.

But those moments, cheek to cheek
and toe to toe forever will be
ours, so sublime.

And here in my heart, I often
contemplate that far off place
in time.

I can still see your picturesque silhouette
dancing gracefully under that Spanish moon.
And I will forever remember that magic night,
we met and that fast beat tango tune.

You will always possess a part of my heart,
as long as we are so very far apart.

11 thoughts on “Mihran Kalaydjian Playing Melody of Tango in Ebony

1. Let's CUT the Crap! – Canada – I'm getting a little LONG in the tooth and have things to say about---ouch---AGEing. I believe it's certainly a state of mind but sometimes it's nice to hear that you're NORMAL. I enjoy reading by the truckload. I'm a grandma but I don't feel OLD although I'm not so young anymore. My plan is to stick it out as long as I can on this lovely planet and only will leave it kicking and screaming!
    Let's CUT the Crap! says:

Absolutely captivating. The melody entrancing . My absolutely favorite dance. 😀

Thank you – Let always the music brings you happiness and joy!

Let's CUT the Crap! says:

Always. It DOES!

2. john flanagan – Singapore – i was born to Irish parents living in England but spent most of my early life in Ireland. After many years of teaching and traveling - everywhere but South America - i settled in Singapore and live here with my Malay family
    john flanagan says:

Fine performance all round; well done!

3. Mihran,

Do your talents have no end? The Tango is very passionate, as if the couple is making love on the dance floor. I love to watch it performed by those who can exude that passion. I cannot dance due to physical limitations and overall lack of talent; therefore, I respect and admire a couple who can use passion tempered with grace to move the souls of all spectators.

Your beautiful music is heavy with that passion charging your words with the warmth this dance/music demands. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing skills and perspective in this life! As I read your words and listened to your music, I imagined my sweet prince holding me in his embrace and staring deeply into my soul as I lost myself in his gaze. This was a special fantasy for me as now, I will never hold him in my embrace. Thank you Mihran for leading my soul to paradise to visit my beloved. Blessings and peace upon you.

Thank you Chess!

4. Nishi – Lifes imperfections give you those wonderful brainwaves which translate to stories and poems that enlighten and entertain.
    Nishi says:

The words and the melody the perfect tango..God Bless you Mihran so that you may continue to spread happiness of music and lyrics to the whole world!

5. Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life. – Wexford Ireland – My name is Sally Cronin and I am doing what I love.. Writing. Books, short stories, Haiku and blog posts. . I move between non-fiction health books and posts and fairy stories, romance and humour. I love variety which is why I called my blog Smorgasbord Invitation and you will find a wide range of subjects. Free Book Marketing, Music, Health, Book Reviews, Short Stories, Poetry and Humour. https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/about-sally-cronin/
    Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life. says:

Reblogged this on Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life and commented:
    The Tango is one of my all time favourite dances.. Being a rock ‘n’ roll old boiler means that my dancing skills have been honed to heavy metal but when you hear Mihran’s music it is easy to imagine yourself floating in the arms of a forceful Gaucho… steady girl…

I apologize for not responding earlier – I want to thank you from my bottom of my heart. This means a lot to me!

6. Sheri de Grom – Retired Fed/JAG, 5 yrs. on Capitol Hill. Former book buyer for B and N. Concerned citizen of military drawdown. Currently involved in mental healthcare reform, health care strategist and actively pursuing legislative change wherein dual retirees are exempt from enrolling in Medicare at their own discretion without losing tertiary healthcare benefits. Monitor and comment on Federal Register proposed legislation involving Mental Health, Veterans Affairs, Health and Human Services, Medicare and rural libraries. Licensed OSHA Inspector to include Super Fund sites. Full time caregive to Vietnam era veteran. Conceptualized, investigated possible alternatives, authored, lobbied for, and successfully implemented Title X, Section 1095 (known as the Third Party Collection Program of Federal Insurance).
    sheridegrom - From the literary and legislative trenches. says:

Exquisite rapture. We’ve never known anyone who hits the beat precisely each and every time. Your music is a priceless gift to the ballroom community everywhere.