I Know What It is To Be Young

I Know What It is To Be Young / Orson Welles

When we are young age has no meaning
I never gave it a second thought
until one day along came this old man
and this is what he said to me
and this is what he said to me

I know what it is to be young
but you,you don’t know what it is to be old
someday, you’ll be saying the same thing
time takes away so the story is told

I’ve asked so many questions
to the wise men i’ve met
couldn’t find all the answers
no one has as yet.
There’ll be days to remember
full of laughter and tears
after summer, comes winter and so go the years
So my friend..
lets make music together
I’ll play the old while you sing me the new
In time when your young days are over
there’ll be some one sharing their time with you

I know what it is to be young
but you,you don’t know what it is to be old

So my friend..
lets make music together
I’ll play the old while you sing me the new
In time when your young days are over
there’ll be some one sharing their time with you

there’ll be some one sharing their time with you

47 thoughts on “I Know What It is To Be Young

1. Teagan Riordain Geneviene – Body in one place -- mind usually in another – I started the blog, Teagan's Books, as part of what I call my “grand experiment” in indie publishing. However, it has come to be quite dear to me. As an indie author, I share and promote the books of others as well as my own. My published works are epic fantasy, urban fantasy, and mysteries touched with magic. Most are set in other eras, probably because I never really felt at home in my own time. I hope you'll stop by, read something, enjoy it, and leave a note saying hello. http://teagansbooks.wordpress.com/about/
    Teagan Geneviene says:

Beautiful as always. Have a marvelous Monday. Hugs

Thank Teagan – your kind words….

2. Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan – Japan – Hello! The main work is the special envoy of public information. The country ashamed to foreign countries, the SAMURAI JAPAN. Children of the future, the country you live in peace. These actions, is a challenge forever. Hobby, Iaido unplug and art in general Photographer ... Creed, the only "thanks".
    Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan says:

Important thought as a person, great! !
    The two words in Japan will have a significant meaning.
    1. Boys, be ambitious! !
    2. Forever Idake the youth of the mind! !
    Ryoma.

Thank you for you sharing your valued words and vision, I appreciate it…

3. Sue Dreamwalker – Each of us, carries within us the capacity to change the world in small ways for better or worse. Everything we do and think affects the people in our lives, and their reactions in turn affect others As the effect of a seemingly insignificant word passes from person to person, its impact grows and can become a source of great joy, inspiration, anxiety, or pain. Your thoughts and actions are like stones dropped into still waters, causing ripples to spread and expand as they move outward.. I hope that I can send a few ripples out via the web of life, as we each of us weave the threads together... Welcome to my Sanctuary of Peace and Love... May we each spread our Lights around our World....Sue Dreamwalker
    Sue Dreamwalker says:

This brought some tears dear friend… a wonderful share…… Thank you xx Have a wonderful week
    Sue <3

Thank you Sue, I deeply appreciate your kind words, I was touched too:)

1. Sue Dreamwalker – Each of us, carries within us the capacity to change the world in small ways for better or worse. Everything we do and think affects the people in our lives, and their reactions in turn affect others As the effect of a seemingly insignificant word passes from person to person, its impact grows and can become a source of great joy, inspiration, anxiety, or pain. Your thoughts and actions are like stones dropped into still waters, causing ripples to spread and expand as they move outward.. I hope that I can send a few ripples out via the web of life, as we each of us weave the threads together... Welcome to my Sanctuary of Peace and Love... May we each spread our Lights around our World....Sue Dreamwalker
        Sue Dreamwalker says:

4. Vashti Q – My name is Vashti and I am a fiction writer. My first novel "The Basement" was released August 20th, 2013. I finished my 2nd novel "Lilith" a fantasy aimed at a YA/Adult audience. I'm in the middle of writing my 3rd novel "Dracul" (Fantasy for YA/Adult). Obviously I love reading and writing, but I also love traveling, animals, nature, hiking, kayaking, watching basketball, good movies, UFC, cooking, dancing and spending time with family and friends. I have an adventurous spirit and love to have fun and laugh. I love traveling to new and exciting destinations and meeting new people.
    Vashti Quiroz-Vega says:

I’m happy you’re dealing well with your uncle’s death. This is a lovely homage to him. The song is beautiful. God bless you and give you peace. <3

Tears of happiness – thank you for your kind words….

2. mihrankalaydjianblog – San Diego, CA – Mihran Kalaydjian On a personal note, I love the outdoors, comedy, bbq, reading and traveling. I worked in the beer industry in college so I love talking about good beer. I used to be a competitive runner so (like all runners) if you make the mistake of asking me, I'll tell you about my entire career and PRs. I also spent my youth working in restaurants, so if you've done the same, we can swap stories. The five items I can't live without: Everything, infinity, wanton boredom, limitless limits, change. Mihran Kalaydjian, A proven ability to articulate a company's brand culture as well as key strategic initiatives and delivery of desired results. Outstanding leadership, communications and project management skills. A committed individual with strong organizational skills that believes leading by example is key to building a strong team to achieve high guest satisfaction results and cost control measures. Mihran Kalaydjian provides visionary leadership and management oversight of the sales, marketing and revenue strategies for Classic Hotels and Resorts. Mihran Kalaydjian suggest: Your energy should be focused on finding a solution, quickly and effectively. I am at my best when I have a tight deadline, but every aspect of the project is planned, organized and working in excellence.

Thank you for your kind words and valued comment, I deeply appreciate it….

5. Erika – The purpose of my blog is to inspire and shine a light on the beauty and power of the wonderful being inside your body. You came into this world to share what only you can give. Remember who you really are, conquer the world the way you always wanted to, and become the blessing to us all that you were meant to be.
    Erika Kind says:

Amazing song, Mihran! Very, very poignant! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you Erika, appreciate your valuable words…

1. Erika – The purpose of my blog is to inspire and shine a light on the beauty and power of the wonderful being inside your body. You came into this world to share what only you can give. Remember who you really are, conquer the world the way you always wanted to, and become the blessing to us all that you were meant to be.
        Erika Kind says:

You are very welcome, Mihran!

6. Shivangi – Minneapolis, US – Welcome friend, I am grateful for your presence here. Adivir, my blog site is an outcome of many forces - creation, emotion and observation. There are stories of innocence, tales of nostalgia, flashes of spirituality, snippets of thoughts with a healthy dose of entertainment. Once upon a time, I was a journalist but now I am a storyteller. So walk around this space, pick your story, comment what you think and do visit again. And as you go, accept blessings and good luck for you as gifts from my side :). P.S - If you have kids, feel free to download these ebooks - https://books.apple.com/us/book/the-princess-with-brown-teeth/id1146112226 https://books.apple.com/us/book/who-ate-the-moon/id1206671343
    Shivangi says:

Too beautiful Mihran… You are gifted!

your word, are also beautiful, means a lot to me:)

7. BroadBlogs – I have a Ph.D. from UCLA in sociology (emphasis: gender, social psych). I currently teach sociology and women's studies at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, CA. I have also lectured at San Jose State. And I have blogged for Feminispire, Ms. Magazine, The Good Men Project and Daily Kos. Also been picked up by The Alternet.
    BroadBlogs says:

A lovely tribute.

appreciate your kind words and compliments….

8. Rincewind – Love my vintage pinups, burlesque, smoking fetish and weirdness. Swedish person lived in Sweden, London and now Prague. Love moving around, metting new people. Open your mind for new experiences.
    Rincewind says:

Absolutely superb.

grateful for your comment…

9. carmen – Canada – Let’s make the world a better place with compassion. http://fashionableover50.wordpress.com/ https://www.instagram.com/4thejoyofit/?hl=pl
    carmen says:

Very profound my dear! Thank you!!

<3 carmen

Thank you Carmen for your your profound words, means a lot to me….

Appreciate it….I wish you always success…

10. Alan A. Malizia: Contagious Optimism! Co-Author – Retired mathematics teacher and high school athletics coach. Honors: 1988 Ct. Coach of the Year for H.S. Girls Voleyball and 2007 Inducted into the Ct. Women's Volleyball Hall of Fame. Since retiring have written two books; "The Little Red Chair," an autobiography about my life experience as a polio survivor and "A View From The Quiet Corner," a selection of poems and reflections. Presently I am a contributing author for the "Life Carrots" series primarily authored by Dave Mezzapelle of Goliathjobs.com.
    Alan A. Malizia: Contagious Optimism! Co-Author says:

Another great piece, Mihran!
    -Alan

Thank Alan always for your wonderful appreciation to me….

11. johncoyote – Michigan – A old Poet who enjoy reading and writing poetry. I tried to show people a better way than war and violence. We must seek peace for the sake of all children in our world.
    johncoyote says:

A beautiful song and amazing poetry my friend.

12. johncoyote – Michigan – A old Poet who enjoy reading and writing poetry. I tried to show people a better way than war and violence. We must seek peace for the sake of all children in our world.
    johncoyote says:

Reblogged this on johncoyote and commented:
    Amazing poetry and song by a talented writer. Please listen and read the amazing work.

Thank you kindly for the re-blog and your kind words…

johncoyote says:

Was my honor and you are welcome.

13. gillmorris – UK – I am currently back in the Uk after many years in Thailand. I am interested in photography, culture, history, and travel amongst other things and I want to share my thoughts and experiences with you as I turn the pages of my life. I am passionate about writing and I want to express this passion through my tales and photography from Thailand and other countries in the hope that you may be inspired to open your eyes to the world.
    seasiangirl says:

That brought a tear to my eye. How beautiful. My thoughts are with you Mihran xx

I have no words to add, deeply appreciate it!!

Thank you so much. This means a lot to me!!

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it!!

14. Stephanae – Pittsburgh, PA – 👩🏾‍🦯 | INTJ | HSP | Collector of knowledge | Alpaca Fanatic “If I stop to kick every barking dog, I am not going to get where I'm going.” ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee Hi, I'm Steph! I'm a highly sensitive proud introvert and a recovering people-pleaser. These traits or quirks used to bother me because I always felt out of place until I began a recent process of self-acceptance. While I'm still a work in progress, I view my quirks as my superpowers and am grateful that they contribute to who I am today.
    Stephanae V. McCoy says:

So touching.

it means a lot to me:)

15. Inese, visual artist, writer and life sciences blogger – Greater Toronto Area, Ontario – I am passionate about art, nature and human brain, therefore, I've been drawing, painting and writing for many decades and focusing on these areas.. It's never too late for improvement or new goals.
    Inese Poga Art plus Life says:

These are beautiful lines.

Kindly, thank you for your words, appreciate it!!

16. Success Inspirers' World – Bamenda, Cameroon – We are a team of highly motivated, inspired, inspiring, positive-minded and passionate people who are out to inspire and encourage people to bring out the best in themselves and realize their fondest dreams. Our work is positively impacting millions of people around the world.a
    Ngobesing Romanus says:

As usual so sweet. Just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

thank you for your kind words, appreciate it!

17. Susanne Leist – United States – A career in writing has been an enormous leap for me. Accustomed to the number-crunching field of budgeting and the hectic commodity markets, I left my first career and M.B.A. in Finance behind to pursue my dream. However, I do not regret my foray into literature for one moment. I write every day and have even tried my hand at poetry. So don’t let anyone tell you it’s too late in life to try something different. It is never too late to follow your heart. THE DEAD GAME SERIES brings fantasy and surrealism to the classic murder mystery with dead bodies, suspects, and clues. In addition, it offers vampires and a touch of romance to spice the motley mix. My new release, MEET ME IN MAINE, is the first book in THE BLUE HARBOR SERIES. It provides the backdrop for murder, mystery, and romance in a seaside town. Love falters and flourishes as the residents fight the persistent evil plaguing their small-town lives. Sit back, put up your feet, and let me bring mystery and romance to your lives.
    Susanne Leist says: